Green Hill State Hospital
Located at at an undisclosed place in United States of America
Photo © 2006 Tom Kirsch, opacity.us
Green Hill State Hospital* History
Established in 1901, this facility was originally a farm colony for a nearby psychiatric hospital, but was expanded to become its own entity in 1912. Patient population peaked in 1945 with over 1,700 patients but dwindled shortly thereafter, finally closing in 1973.
The campus is now mostly occupied by various agencies including the Federal Job Corps. The abandoned buildings that remain are mainly the wards that housed violent female patients.
* Note: the name "Green Hill State Hospital" is a pseudonym; the real name of this location is currently undisclosed.