The Power Plant
Built in the 1930's, this powerhouse used to burn as much as 100 tons of coal a day in the winter, generating steam used for heat and electricity for the entire hospital. Coal transported by trains would be carried up to the top of the plant via a conveyor belt.
The plant was converted to burn oil and natural gas later on, and the top layer of soil has been removed from the large coal field in front of the plant. The area now serves as a hangout for paintballers and dirt bikers.