Kingsley Psychiatric Hospital
Located at an undisclosed place in England
Photo © Tom Kirsch, opacity.us
Kingsley Psychiatric Hospital History
Opened in 1903, this hospital changed roles from treating epileptics to psychiatric patients around 1935 and finally to the "mentally subnormal" in 1968. The facility reported to having over 800 patients in the 1960's, and steadily whittled down to about 60 residents living in cottages on campus.
* Note: the name "Kingsley Psychiatric Hospital" is a pseudonym; the real name of this location is currently undisclosed.