- Also Known As:Château de Miranda
- Location Genre:Residential Home / Community
- Age:148 years
- Demo / Renovated:N/A
- Decaying for:23 years
- Last Known Status:Abandoned
During the French Revolution, the family of the Count of Liedekerke-Beaufort left their previous home, the castle Château de Vêves, and lived at a nearby farm. After the Revolution, this opulent residence was built as a summer home for the family in 1866 by the English architect Milner, although he died before seeing its completion. The Château de Miranda, as it was called then, was owned and used by the family except when it was briefly occupied by the Nazis in World War II. In 1958, it was used by the SNCB (a Belgian national rail company) as a home for the railwaymen's children and became Château de Noisy (pronounced "nwa-zee").
It was abandoned in 1991, and has since been falling into ruins. The building has 550 windows and a clock tower that is 183 feet (56 meters) tall. Demolition is slated to occur in 2014.