Fort Marabout

Located at an undisclosed place in Germany DE

  • Built:1956
  • Opened:N/A
  • Age:58 years
  • Closed:1994
  • Demo / Renovated:N/A
  • Decaying for:20 years
  • Last Known Status:Abandoned

This facility was originally a Canadian military base built in the mid-1950s, and featured an army radio station - the first Canadian station located on German soil. The site held rows of barracks and a Lutheran church, as well as many means of entertainment, including a theater, bowling alley, and casino. In 1970/1971, the fort was transferred to the British, and the history seems to fade from there until it was abandoned in 1994. One can only presume that some confidential British government operations took place from the few remnants left behind.

The grounds of this abandoned base are now used as a temporary storage area for logging operations.

Photo Galleries: